MSMHS Mission Statement
To improve lives by providing comprehensive, integrated consulting and counseling services that promote mental, emotional, and physical health as a quality of life to our clients, staff, and community.
To inspire confidence and respect as a provider of comprehensive behavioral health care and consulting through:
- People: Hiring and retaining great employees.
- Productivity: Being a model of quality and cost effective service for other behavioral health organizations.
- Partners: Achieving and maintaining the highest levels of consumer satisfaction.
- To evaluate and plan for the behavioral health needs of our community, per our legislative mandate as the regional planning authority.
- To provide accessible, effective, and efficient behavioral health services.
- To advocate for the rights and needs of individuals with behavioral health challenges.
- To engage in active outreach to assure prevention, early intervention, and coordination of services to reduce the impact of behavioral health disorders for the individuals and community we serve.
- To continually measure the outcome of the services provided to assure effectiveness, efficiency, and fiscal accountability.
MSMHS VALUES – I’m heard
- Integrity: We are scrupulously honest in all of our dealings.
- Authentic: We are trustworthy as an organization in our relationships.
- Motivation: We believe that being motivated is the beginning of a healthy life.
- Hope: We believe in a positive future for our clients, our staff, and our community.
- Excellence: We are in continuous pursuit of quality improvement in all areas of our organization.
- Accountability: We do exactly what we say we will do.
- Respect: We treat each other with care, concern, and consideration.
- Diversity: We value a variety of people in our organization.
MSMHS Services will:
- Protect the dignity and privacy of the individual clients served.
- Practice within the financial reach of anyone in need.
- Be empirically advised and clinically sound.
- Respond to community diversity through culturally sensitive consumer focused care.
- Target outcomes that satisfy the client’s needs and demonstrate program effectiveness.
- Be friendly, courteous, and efficient.
- Observe the highest ethical and practice standards.
- Respond with empathy and compassion to the needs of the individuals we serve.
MSMHS service sites will:
- Be accessible to all individuals.
- Be safe, hospitable and well-organized.
- Be governed by business practices that are efficient, accountable and honest.
MSMHS Management Practices will:
- Promote respect and dignity towards the staff.
- Encourage continuing professional development.
- Support staff participation in community activities important to the well-being of our service public.
- Promote a broad-based partnership of coordinated community care.